Our Thoughts on the 2016 Presidential Election
Our heads are spinning and our hearts are heavy. Rather than celebrating a shattered glass ceiling, we feel the weight of a lower one bearing down on us. This election is a reminder that real change is almost never linear and steady. It happens in fits and spurts—in maddening steps backward for every relentless push forward.
This week, we have found deep comfort in knowing we’re not alone in such an uncertain and troubling time. Our greatest strength comes from our ability to listen to and share with one another. In that spirit, we’d like to share some of the compassionate, wise, encouraging and even inspiring words from our leaders, nonprofit partners and friends, with the hope that they bring comfort and strength to you, too.
- Keep Moving Forward from Interfaith Youth Core
- Statement from TLDEF Executive Director Jillian Weiss on the Presidential Election: Resilience
- Keynote Address at Inbound 2016 by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Disbelief, disappointment, and fear, and why our work is more important than ever by Vu Le
- A Message from Oakland Leaf
- Joint Statement from California Legislative Leaders on Result of Presidential Election
- A Message to Our Community, Supporters and Partners from the Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Trump Supporters, This Is Not For You by Jaz Twersky